Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lot's of First

Hello friends. I must say, this week is off to a hmmmm emotional start. Coming off a beautiful weekend with perfect weather, our only major hiccup is that my sweet baby girl had a "face plant" (in her exact words) on Friday in some play high heels at pre-school. Now, I'm not surprised that she fell in the high heels, I'm just surprised at how BAD she fell in the high heels. I mean she looks like she went to a battle and boy did she lose. As much as my heart ached for her (and her sweet face) of course she seems fine and has had no problem sporting hello kitty band-aids on all the "boo boo's".

So what's a Momma to do when your baby is hurt? Pamper Pamper Pamper! SO....Sunday we went to get her hair done at the salon, yes I realize I'm creating monster diva by taking my three year old to the salon for pampering, but hey a girl has to start somewhere right? (Remind me that I said those words ten years from now when she wants her hair and nails done every week and I'm broke) And like the little rock star that she is she was more than up for going to get her hair done and see Mr. Jimmy as she calls him. Would I expect anything else besides my child to be in sunglasses in a salon and smiling cheek to cheek? Of course not! Nevermind the multitude of scrapes and bumps on her face from the ummm high heel debacle. How am I ever suppose to say no to this cutie patooty face????



So then fast forward to Monday, and we are eating dinner. All of a sudden Jackson is in tears and it begins. We are getting ready to lose our first tooth. Completely distraught, he thinks he "broke" it and wants it fixed immediately. So I explained  tried to tell Jackson that this is normal and give him the whole tooth fairy will bring you money yada yada. Now normally he'd buy the whole tooth fairy deal, but not today! After what seemed like an 8 hour shift of torturous manual labor, I finally conceded and let the tooth stay for the night. Tooth-1, Mom-0, Jackson....waaaaay in the negative. Hallie certainly played her role in taking care of brother donating her favorite blankie to Jackson. Such a sweet sis.

(Jacks will definitely kill me for posting this one of these years)

Adding to the firsts.... my Jack Jack has his first day of kindergarten this Friday. I am so excited for him to start school and he has been too, but last night I crashed into a wall like one of those test dummies in a car. My baby isn't a baby anymore. As a matter of fact, neither of my babies are little babies anymore. Cue tears and ugly cry. While I am super happy we are fully potty trained and we don't have to travel with everything and the kitchen sink just to get groceries, I sat there holding a yellow-green faced little boy who was all but ready to pass out at the thought of losing a tooth and just couldn't help myself. By nature, I don't cry a lot, hardly ever actually (is that good or bad?) but I felt like time had just gotten by me last night. Where have the last 6+ YEARS gone? Does anyone else do this sort of thing or am I the only emotional wreck on the block??? I would not say that I am the type to have separation anxiety from my kids every time I leave them but I don't want to let Jackson go on this one. I feel like he will be is so grown up and I'm NOT ready for that. I need more time, I need more days of being home with him, I need more of my little snuggly blonde haired, blue eyed little BABY boy. I guess the face slap of reality is that either way I better buck up before Friday gets here or I'll be a rotten mess taking him to school. Aren't the kids suppose to be the ones to cry?? Stayed tuned for an update and we'll see if my emotions hold up on Friday, if you're the betting type, don't bet on me.

Until the rest of the week unfolds..... thought I would share a few sweet pictures of the kids from our recent family photos we had done with Kelly Ginn. She did an amazing job of capturing the kids and who they are. Their sweet spirits and hearts are ever so evident in these pictures.






My two sweet monkeys 



<3
-EM


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout outs!

Ericka Milford said...

You are most welcome, you were great!