Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And so it begins.....

So WOW.

I cannot begin to put this into words. This bluff city blond-ie of all people starting a blog?!? Coming from Mrs. My Life is personal, people don't need to know care about what I'm feeling, what my kids are spilling or even how my dogs are feeling??? (or do they) Well, I guess new journey's start everyday so here's to starting a new journey. Fair warning... this will be a brutally honest and open blog, outlet for me to express myself and my feelings and thoughts. If you know me, you know I am pretty well a person that just says what I think. First... I wish it was Wine Wednesday in the office while I write this. Nothing like a glass of wine to up your "spirits" for your first blog post huh? I would go through all the "about me" fun things you ever wanted to hear; but that's a post or should I say many posts that will have to come later, as I am sure you will find out more than you ever wanted to know about me, my life and this place I live in, known as "the bluff city". I plan to talk about everything from being a mom, the wife of a traveling husband (yes, I might throw myself a pity party or two from time to time) fashion, food, do's and never do again's, dreams, books, hair, shoes, the ever important world of sports and drinking and just about anything else I can muster up the courage to put down in some shade of gray in between.

And that brings me to..... my latest guilty pleasure 50 Shades of Grey by E L James! Talk about trashy, raunchy, up close and waaaay too personal, errrr.... crotch novel  uh, umm....book, yes that's what it's called and of course I'm hooked! And anyone reading this book that says they aren't as equally enthralled is lying and full of shit. I bought them on Amazon and you should too! Leaving the real world and entering this fantasy-land of mystery and possessive darkness, just what I need.



Ok, so now that you think I am totally insane, let's move on shall we? As I continue this "first" post from my couch, it's Game dos of the NBA Playoffs, after a Game 1 gut wrenching loss by my Memphis Grizzlies to the LA Clippers. I can't go there or this will get ugly. Hoping that our team was able to find their GRIT and GRIND for this game tonight. I am not sure how many people this blog will reach or if it will mean a damn thing to anyone but me. But, you know what, who cares. I am taking a leap of faith and hoping to look back in x-number of years (years.. that's ambitious) and realize that today this blog was the beginning of something really special for me and my family and hopefully some of you too. I often times find myself serving other people as their  mediator, therapist, counselor... you pick the hat. I guess I am writing the rest of the story to all of you out there, or lack there of... to be my therapist and my ear to chew, maybe even my shoulder to lean on.

As I'd like to award myself mother of the year here (yes my kids are up watching the Grizzlies, yes it's past their bedtime and yes I'm ok with that for today only, it's the playoffs people!!!)  I guess all good, new things must come to a close. Until next time, I have two little blonde monkeys that I must tend to.



-EM

  

No comments: