Friday, May 4, 2012

And it "Hits"....

Writer's block. Damn, don't you hate that. I mean in the car it was all just right there in my head, my wheels were turning and then you finally get to the computer....poof, it's like your brain becomes a overcooked noodle, the kind that won't even stick to the cabinet when you throw it noodle! (don't lie, you know you've tested out that theory too) I guess I can cut myself a little slack since it's almost MIDNIGHT! What's all that sleep while your kids sleep nonsense, does anyone actually do that?!?

Well ok, let's just start at the beginning, since my first post said nothing about me... mostly. Obviously I am a blonde. Insert cliche here: Blondes really do have more fun. I live in Memphis, TN also described by our local media and friends (sounds like a cheesy FB group, ha) as the "Bluff City", hence the blog title. I've been married to my wonderful hubs for almost 5 years, have two tazmanian devil angel kids aka the monkeys, three dogs, two beta fish that I despise and  hold that thought.... Ok. Rule #1, should the phone ring and it's late, but it's a bestie, you hit HOLD on the blog and you answer! Period. So now where was I? Oh yes, about me. I'm the oldest of four kids, so that explains why I'm crazy, and I have a plethora of things I like to do in my spare time, except I forgot what it feels like to have spare time. Well there goes that.

 So now what? Well tomorrow starts tball for Monkey #1 and boy is he excited! It's been like the ever burning "Are we there yet?" question on those long road trips where you are ready to open the door, driving a slow 85mph and jump out! We've been on the countdown since, oh for at least two weeks! At least tomorrow the answer is YES we are going to tball! Hoo-rah! Now, let me set the scene for what  pee-wee "tball" really means. Imagine... an ever so patient dad or two (God love them), the ole' diamond, a cutie pie kid missing a tooth, or in some cases teeth, with an over-sized catchers helmet and a zoo of kiddos wondering about the field. You have some that are totally not interested, some that are very serious and then some that are catching butterflies with their gloves while picking up a tip from the coach along the way.  And heaven forbid the meltdowns that sometimes occur when a little person strikes out and it's now your friends turn to hold a bat taller and almost heavier than they are. Organized chaos about sums it up. But, man it's so fun! Makes for good memories and funny stories in about ten years anyway. So I guess that means we are ready for tball season to be in "full swing". (I'll be sure to post pics on that later)

Well, if you haven't closed off the page yet, you're a trooper because I posted a short novel tonight about, well, a whole lot of randomness. So let's recap and I'll end my after mid-night you should be sleeping crazy lady ramble jamble for today.

Checklist
  1. Isn't writer's block suppose to mean you're at a loss for words?
  2. Fun Fact: Noodles stick to cabinets when they are cooked properly
  3. Sleep when your kids do = there's a brilliant idea but an unlikely reality
  4. The first "About Me" post commences
  5. Besties are a #1 priority
  6. Tball is like the circus
  7. I need sleep


  There you have it. Looks like I "Hit" on all kinds of things tonight after all.


-EM





1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love my BESTIE!